Counter-Strike: Global Offensive began as a port of Counter-Strike: Source to the Xbox 360 by Hidden Path Entertainment. Valve saw the opportunity and decided to expand the game since Counter-Strike was their least updated franchise at the time.
Jess Cliffe confirmed the name on the official Steam forums on August 11, 2011, while Valve confirmed it in an official announcement on August 12, 2011.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is designed on the latest version of the Source engine, and is not built off Counter-Strike: Source. Valve is developing the game to be both casual and competitive, and is including a matchmaking system as well as support for dedicated servers.
Valve announced that the beta would begin in October, but they later delayed it due to feedback from VIP players. The closed beta started on November 30, 2011. It is currently available to people who have beta keys and will be continually expanded, with everybody eventually being able to play.
System requirements :
- Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Processor: Pentium 4 3 GHz or dual core from Intel 2 GHz or AMD64X2 (or better)
- Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
- Video: At least 128 MB VRAM compatible with DirectX 9.0 and the technology to support Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or better / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or better).
- Sound device: compatible with DirectX - 9.0c
- Hard disk: 3 GB